Carbon Monoxide Incident Injures Several WCFD Members
 
By Member Bill Cummings
August 9, 2017
 

Several members of the WCFD were injured today as they operated at a underground electrical fire in downtown West Chester. Stations 51, 52 and 53 along with mutual aid responded to the area of Darlington and W. Gay Street for smoke from a manhole and reports of smoke in several nearby occupancies. WCFD crews investigated and requested an emergency response from PECO. The incident quickly escalated as crews encountered very high levels of carbon monoxide at the street level and in nearby basements. Members quickly worked together to bring the incident to a successful conclusion. Several members of the WCFD required medical evaluation and transport to area emergency departments due to exposure to the dangerous gas. Thankfully all members are recovering well.

Thank you for the tremendous community support we received from local residents and businesses.

 
No Caption
No Caption
 
No Caption